A Practical Guide to Resolving Conflict and Managing Anger
The workplace is a dynamic, competitive, energizing, and complex place. It is continuing to become more diverse, bringing together people from different nationalities, cultures, educational levels, and world views. Conflicts are a normal part of working relationships and can have a positive impact when they generate new ideas, new solutions, and new ways of thinking about opportunities. They also contribute to personal growth and development as individuals learn to work through conflicts to achieve common goals.
Success comes from understanding how we behave, how we react to others, and how our behaviours can influence others. When a co-worker can meet with a teammate to address a negative attitude or anger, it increases the team’s chances of being successful. It also reduces the number of destructive conflicts the team may have. The customer service agent who can calm down an angry customer usually keeps that customer loyal and improves everyone’s chances for a less stressful day. This course is designed to help give you and your organization that step up.
- Be more aware of your communication style.
- Use active listening skills to increase understanding and develop empathy.
- Ask questions using probing and paraphrasing techniques.
- Discover how your non-verbal messages communicate with others.
- Present your professional best.
- Handle difficult situations with more confidence.
- Build relationships through open and effective communication.